Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11

As you all know September 11Th, 2001 was the darkest day for New York City. It's has been seven years since the world trade center was destroyed by two airplanes that crashed into to the twin towers by terrorist. I remember that day all too well. September 11Th 2001 landed on a Tuesday that year. I was just 13 years old when it happened. I heard the news about what happened from my gym teacher Ms. Goldstein. The whole school was shocked and scared to hear about the destruction of the world trade center. At first I didn't understand what was going on until later on when I better understood the situation. Many parents were called to pick up their children because the school wanted to make sure everyone got home safe. I took the school bus all through my school life and my bus was stucked in traffic so they couldn't pick me up that day. The bus driver from my school bus called my 1st older sister Debbie to pick me up from school. Lucky for me Debbie doesn't live that far away from my old high school The Bayard Rustin Educational Complex. It used to be called The Bayyard Rustin High School for the Humanities until my senior year. My sister Debbie arrived at my school a little after 3:00 P.M. and I went to her house for a little while. Later on that day my mom came and got me. We took the city bus together to go home however the traffic was so bad that my mom and I didn't get home until 8:00 P.M. It was a scary day for the whole world. The next day on Wednesday September 12Th, 2001 school was cancelled that day due to the terrorist attack that happened on September 11Th. Lucky for me it gave me a chance to do my homework that I didn't get to finish because my mom picked me up and I got home late that night. That is my story of where I was seven years ago. I'm not really upset about what happened but it is sad that so many people lives were lost that day. To the people that lost a friend or family member on September 11Th, 2001 I hope you can find happiness and comfort during this difficult time and try to remember the good times you had with the friend or family member before they left this world. God bless!!!!!!

3 comments:

JohnGiambalvo said...

Hey Kristine
Awesome post! I'm really impressed that you're able to remember that day with such detail and really liked how you explained it.

Kristine said...

Thanks John for your comment. I'm glad you read it. I thought no one would.

Sunny said...

i remember that day too i thought it was a movie