Friday, March 27, 2009

How New York has changed

For the past few years I've been seeing how New York has changed from my point of view. About 3 years ago there was this playground across the street from my home. I used to go there all the time when I was a little girl. As soon as I turned 18 my sister Jessica just had my nephew Anthony. By the the time Anthony was five months old I started bringing Anthony to the Marx Brothers playground which was the name of the park that was across the street from my home. My nephew Anthony loved the baby swings because he enjoyed it when I pushed him. Sadly that park was turned into a construction site for the 2ND avenue subway line. I felt like a piece of my childhood was taken away from me. Another thing that has happened is a store going out of business. There is this store at 94TH street and 2ND avenue called Rainbow. That store has been around for 10 years. Due to the construction of the 2ND avenue line it's going out of business and it's going to be turned into a subway stop. It's sad to see Rainbow going out of business but because of this my family and I have been buying things from that store because my mom has been getting coupons in the mail. Recently she has received coupons for sixty percent off anything in the store. I even used one of them to buy some new bake ware because I enjoy baking. My other point of view of how New York has changed is the economy. Because of this solution subways and bus fares are going up and service is getting cut as well. In other words it's The Great Depression all over again. People are losing jobs and businesses are closing it's doors forever. If Franklin Roosevelt were alive today he would be very shocked and disappointed about what is going on with New York. That is How I believe New York has changed.

No comments: